We are a worldwide fellowship of men and women dedicated to the support of Youth, our Community and the YMCA.
The Amherst Y’s Men’s Club was chartered in 1962 and has been an important part of the YMCA and community since that time. In 2009 we changed our name to the Cumberland Y Service Club to reflect who we are and what we do — men and women serving the Cumberland Y.
We are the home club of…
- Kevin Cummings - International President (2009-2010)
- Charlie Seymour - Regional Director (2012-2013)
Community Fundraising Events
- Saturday, May 10th, 2014: Spring Tune Up 5K - Join us for the 2nd Annual race on our closed road course on paved roads and hard packed trail!
- Friday, June 20th, 2014: Cross Border Challenge! - Run or Walk Across the World Famous Tantramar Marsh.
- Saturday, September 27th, 2014: Four Fathers Run - Run across the world famous Tantramar Marsh in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick!
- Saturday, October 25th, 2014: Amherst Pumpkin Fun Run - A 5K Run/Walk starting & ending at Dickey Park in Amherst, NS!
To learn more of what we do in the community, visit our Fundraising Events page.
2013/01 - amherstysmen.com has been relaunched as cumberlandyserviceclub.com!
2014/04 - Please visit CrossBorderChallenge.com for more information on our year-long race series!
Every Wednesday (from September to June) at 6:30 PM, we have:
- Business/Dinner Meetings,
- Recreation/Social Meetings (with spouses),
- Potluck Supper Meetings (with spouses), and
- Guest Speaker Meetings
We also have various committee meetings during the week.